Cornell University Law School
students have received fellowships from
Equal Justice America
fellowships are made possible by
contributions from Cornell Law
alumni. With continued support from the
alumni, we look forward to putting many
more Cornell law students to work
providing vitally needed legal assistance
to the poor.
We need your
America is an independent non-profit
501(c)(3) corporation unaffiliated with
any law school.)
Please click the links below to read letters from the students and/or their supervisors on their EJA Fellowship experiences.
- Elias Alcantar Jr. workd at Texas RioGrande Legal Aid in Weslaco.
- Sarah Estabrook worked at the Community Legal Services of Philadelphia.
- Zhenxiong (Paul) Fan worked at Brooklyn Legal Services Corporation A.
- Kara Goad worked at the Appalachian Citizens’ Law Center in Whitesburg, KY.
- Jenny Hu worked at the East Bay Community Law Center in Berkeley, CA.
- Gabriela Leon worked at the Catholic Legal Services of Miami.
- Allen Love worked in the Veterans Legal Clinic at the Legal Services Center of Harvard Law School in Boston.
- Liyuan Xiao worked at Bay Area Legal Aid.
- Maame Esi Austin worked at the Maryland Legal Aid Bureau in Baltimore.
- David Cambas worked at Prairie State Legal Services in Wheaton, IL.
- Elana Dahlager and Jessica Lam worked at Tompkins/Tioga Neighborhood Legal Services in Ithaca, NY.
- Yana Izrailov worked at Queens Legal Services in Jamaica, NY.
- Omar Khan worked at The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland.
- D. Julian Veintimilla worked at Greater Boston Legal Services.
- Elana Dahlager, Scott Davidson and Tracy Wong worked at Tompkins/Tioga Neighborhood Legal Services in Ithaca, NY.
- Adam Kassner worked at the Public Interest Law Center in Philadelphia.
- Steven Koch worked at Brooklyn Legal Services Corporation A.
- Rachel Rasp worked at Prairie State Legal Services in Rockford, IL.
- Amanda Reynoso-Palley worked at East Bay Sanctuary Covenant in Berkeley, CA.
- Rufus Burgess worked at the Legal Assistance of Western New York.
- Scott Davidson worked at the New York Legal Assistance Group.
- Christie Diaz and Hyesoo Jang worked at The Legal Aid Society in New York City.
- Johanna Fernandez worked at the Casa Cornelia Law Center in San Diego.
- Jeff Hobday worked at the Legal Aid Society of Columbus in Ohio.
- Trudy McLeary worked at the Brooklyn Volunteer Lawyers Project.
- Melanie Senosiain worked at the Colombian American Service Association in Miami.
- Camille Bacon-Schulte worked at Alaska Legal Services.
- Meghan Bowman and Lauren Humphrey worked at Community Legal Aid Society in Wilmington, DE.
- Cynthia Galvez and Emma Steiner worked at California Rural Legal Assistance.
- Lyndsey Marcelino worked at Legal Services for Children in San Francisco.
- Adrienne Steiner worked at the Community Justice Project in Harrisburg, PA.
- Melissa Gallo worked at Manhattan Legal Services.
- Antony Gemmell worked at MFY Legal Services in New York City.
- Andrew Goldberg worked at the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County.
- Melissa Koven worked at the Legal Aid Society in Brooklyn, NY.
- Alicia Lee worked at the New Have Legal Assistance Association.
- Victor Lopez worked at Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County.
- Joseph Reutiman worked at Mid-Minnesota Legal Assistance.
- Cody Stingley worked at Southern Tier Legal Services.
- Lucy Clippinger worked at the Rural Law Center of New York.
- Herve Comeau worked at Catholic Charities Legal Services in Miami.
- Melissa Gallo worked at the Homeless Advocacy Project in San Francisco.
- Charles Guzak worked at Tompkins/Tioga Neighborhood Legal Services.
- Barbie Hsu worked at MetroWest Legal Services in Framingham, MA.
- Ya Li worked at Greater Boston Legal Services.
- Susan Millor worked at the Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyer's Project.
- Kate Lee worked at Southeast Louisiana Legal Services in New Orleans.
- Francis Sohn worked at Lone Star Legal Aid in Galveston, TX.
- Saroj Tharisayi worked at Greater Boston Legal Services.
- Jacob Vredenburgh worked at the Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York.
- Teresa Yeh worked at the Asian Pacific American Legal Resource Center in DC.
Agnetha Jacob worked at Brooklyn Legal Services Corporation A.
Benjamin Litchfield worked at the Legal Services Center of Harvard Law School.
Maja Lukic worked at the Disability Rights Legal Center in Los Angeles.
Meryl Phipps worked at Citizens Concerned for Children in Ithaca, NY.
Christian Williams worked at the Youth Advocacy Project in Roxbury, MA.
- Hana Bae worked at Advocates for Basic Legal Equality in Toledo, OH.
- John Busby and Nicole Pence worked at Tompkins/Tioga Neighborhood Legal Services.
- Sybil Devasia worked at the Legal Aid of North West Texas in Dallas.
- David Kagle worked at Legal Assistance of the Finger Lakes in Geneva, NY
- Steven McHugh worked at the Hale and Door Legal Services Center in Boston.
- Quinten Steenhuis worked at Greater Boston Legal Services.
- Sheila Chithran worked at the New
York Legal Assistance Group.
- Renuka George worked at the Stanford
Community Law Clinic in East Palo Alto,
- Nelida Lara worked at Texas Rio
Grande Legal Aid.
- Molly Curren Rowles worked at
Tompkins Tioga Neighborhood Legal
- Jonathan Sclarsic worked at New
Orleans Legal Assistance.
- Heidi Craig worked at Farmworker
Legal Services in Rochester, NY.
- Jocelyn Getgen worked at the Safe
Horizon Domestic Violence Law Project in
- Sathya Gosselin worked at Texas Rio
Grande Legal Aid.
- Kristen Stanley worked at the Legal
Aid Society of Rochester, NY.
- Summer Sylva worked at the Native
Hawaiian Legal Corporation.
- Vi Vu worked at the Legal Aid Society
of San Mateo County, CA.
- Julian Carini worked at the Homeless
Action Center in Berkeley, CA.
- Matthew Conroy worked at the Legal
Aid Clinic of the St. Louis University
- Namita Gupta worked at Lutheran
Family & Community Services in New
- Irene Lee worked at the Atlanta Legal
- Parul Mehta worked at the Legal Aid
Society of the District of Columbia.
- Christin Murphy worked at the Legal
Aid Society of Rochester.
- Conray Tseng worked at Neighborhood
Legal Services of Los Angeles County.
- Geoffrey Young worked at the Legal
Aid Society in New York City.
- Kimberly Allman worked at Legal
Services of Dutchess County, NY.
- Kristine Bergstrom worked at Legal
Aid Services of Oregon.
- Heather Buchanan worked at Legal Aid
of North Carolina.
- Nhu Le worked at Greater Boston
- Anna Prakash worked at the Legal Aid
Society of Minneapolis.
- Dan Walker worked at the Farmers
Action Legal Group in Minneapolis.
- Lori Barrett worked at South Brooklyn
- Sheila Gray worked at Legal Services
of North Florida.
- Natalia Kolasa worked at the Legal
Assistance Foundation of Metropolitan
- Amada Meader worked at Pine Tree
Legal Assistance in Bangor, ME.
- Alicia Pedan worked at the Cornell
Legal Aid Clinic in Ithaca, NY.
- Kami Chaudhery worked at the
Sanctuary for Families Center for
Battered Women's Legal Services in New
- Sarah Jensen worked at the Homeless
Action Center in Berkeley, CA
- Annie Jeong and Ruth McFarlane worked
at the Cornell Legal Aid Clinic.
- Rena Varghese worked at the AIDS
Legal Center of Queens County, NY.
- Cassidy Waskowitz worked at the Legal
Aid Society in New York City.
- Victoria Bruno worked at the Juvenile
Law Center in Philadelphia.
- Summer Craig worked at the
Immigration Law Unit at the Legal Aid
Society in New York City.
- Keisha Hudson worked at Community
Legal Services in Philadelphia.
- Anjna Kapoor worked at the Juvenile
Rights Division of the Legal Aid Society
in New York City.
- Juan Real worked at the Cornell Legal
- Susan BetzJitomir worked at Chemung
Legal Services in Elmira, New York.
- Jack Edward Jackson worked at the
Homeless Action Center in Berkeley,
- Anne Phelps worked at the Juvenile
Rights Project in Portland, Oregon.
- Patrick Train-Gutierrez worked at
Texas Rural Legal Aid.